The Matrix Resurrections

It looks shockingly gorgeous, if a bit like a video game sometimes.

I have trouble imagining how this plot flows from the previous plot. (Though to be fair, I barely remember Matrix 2 and 3...)

I sort of feel like the Matrix was a masterpiece, and everything after has been....not... But I'd love to love the new one

I'm the same. The third ended with "harmony" between the machines and humans, and the ugly green cast replaced with bright, vivid colors, so it does seem to be a direct continuation somehow. I'm really curious how this will play out. Like I mention in the video, the first two are two of my all time favorite movies.

Where do you even start making a movie like this, ha. Crazy stuff.

The first one had a tremendous impact on me. Very inspiring.

I've only seen bits and pieces of the others, many years later.

IWSWT - In Wachowski Sisters We Trust

Original amazing, Two still pretty good, Three absolute piece of crap.

I really wish Keanu had gotten a haircut and a shave. This looks like John Wick 4. And where is the iconic green tint? All that said I'll be seeing this for sure, rubber ducky and all. If they have anything like the chateau brawl/freeway chase in the second movie, that alone will be worth the price of admission. I still can't get over how cool that was. Eighteen years later and I still don't think anything has come close.

I love the green tint but I don't know if it's as marketable in today's world.

These motion pictures are the best-of-the-best and I don't know if they want to ruin them, especially for a massive blockbuster that will almost standalone as its own new independent film and not really an extension of the franchise.

I'd be excited for this if I hadn't seen Matrix 2, 3, Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending. If that trendline continues, this will be terrible. Great trailer, though.

I'd be excited for this if I hadn't seen Matrix 2, 3, Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending. If that trendline continues, this will be terrible. Great trailer, though.

Cloud Atlas wasn't bad. Haven't seen Jupiter Ascending

Cloud Atlas wasn't bad. Haven't seen Jupiter Ascending

Jupiter Ascending is silly but entertaining. Definitely better than Cloud Atlas.

I haven't seen Matrix Revolutions in ages, but I remember liking it more than Matrix Reloaded, which I did watch the other week. It wasn't as bad as I remembered, though the endless Neo vs multiple Agent Smith fight is a low point... it felt like watching someone play a video game with cheat codes on back in 2003, and it stills feels just as bad today.

Anybody else a Speed Racer fan? It is honestly my Wife's favorite movie... glad I enjoy it too.

I really wish Keanu had gotten a haircut and a shave. This looks like John Wick 4. And where is the iconic green tint? All that said I'll be seeing this for sure, rubber ducky and all. If they have anything like the chateau brawl/freeway chase in the second movie, that alone will be worth the price of admission. I still can't get over how cool that was. Eighteen years later and I still don't think anything has come close.

absolutely! I'm on the same page! it's a must that Keanu has to be shaved and with the right haircut! when I watched the trailer, I immediately am transported to "John Wick"! so bad! ;(

He probably would have shaved his head if he didn't have such a a career resurrection.

Just speculation, but the scheduling was probably too tight. It seemed like Matrix was supposed to start filming shortly after JW 3 and JW 4 was supposed to start filming shortly after the Matrix.

With that in mind, it was likely out of the question.

Everyone has different genes, but it's harder to grow hair when you're older. Could have used a wig plus technology (or the opposite with a cap and technology), but it would never be the same.

He's also likely more marketable with the long locks. But if anything, I think he should have shaved and at least did something different with his longer hair.

A new, longer haired Neo, vs. a John Wick Neo.

Pretty much everyone would agree (besides invested Matrix fans), which is why they would never cut it right now.

It does because he's KR, but that's not Neo. [But I'm open to it because things do change and not everything has to be the same.]

P.S Captain Kirk (WS) hosts a show called "The UnXplained" (2019 but just started watching it) and he's so good at narrating and voiceovers.

Shatner actually has a lot of talent, although I'm under the impression that he's a narcissistic asshole. Shocking, I know, for a Hollywood star

(but in contrast, Patrick Stewart seems like he might be a really lovely individual. And his talents and fame both surpass Shatner's)

Last edited:
Original amazing, Two still pretty good, Three absolute piece of crap.

I wouldn't say absolute crap but I was somewhat disappointed by #3.

I had a close affiliation with Matrix #1 due to my young brother in law. Literally a young electronics prodigy, MIT degree in electronics and computer sciences. He was working on the production. He and I worked on a very crude version of a film video sync control to bump the film camera motor to sync with the computer displays that were being filmed. I supplied the film camera kit for the development. Early days of that sort of work. We worked many hours on getting this sync unit working to the production's satisfaction. Matrix #1 was shot mainly in the Sydney CBD during 1999. It was close to our hearts to see it succeed. Which it did. I became a keen follower of the franchise after that. Having waited so long for Resurrections I guess I let my expectations get ahead of what was delivered.

These days film camera sync units like the one from cinemaelec.com use a signal pick up sensor that picks up the magnetic field of the monitor's electronics and use that via a control unit to sync the film camera's motor. So easy today. It was a challenge back then but we got there

Summing up. Yes the film was okay but not what I was hoping for.

Chris Young

Back